In this week's blog we are introducing one our new artists; Rosie Smith.
Rosie Smith is a UK based artist who creates expressive wildlife watercolours. Each piece of art is honest, and open, and infused with expressive movements intended to connect the beauty of the natural world to each and every one of us
- Tell us a bit about yourself and your business. I have sold my work for several years but it is only now that I have the time and space to build my business selling sustainable products and original paintings. I am excited about the future and what my working relationship with PWS will bring.
- What inspires you (your work)? I have always felt a connection with nature, especially animals and wildlife. When I paint, I love to reflect their character and spirit through expression and brush strokes.
- What does your art mean to you? Art brings me both escapism and clarity. It can feel like a meditation (when it's going to plan) but continuous concentration and reflection is needed to ensure something wonderful appears on the paper.
- What materials and techniques do you predominantly use in making your designs? I mainly paint in watercolours and oils. Watercolours are both unpredictable and unforgiving but can be mesmerising beautiful, especially when painting wildlife. I love to paint abstract pieces in oils with lots of mark making and textures using palette knives and medium.
- What has been your favorite artistic experience over the last 12 months? Creating the new range of products for PWS and working with a talented team of designers for the overall brand.
- Of the range that you currently offer with PWS, which is your favourite product? Ooh I love them all, but my favourite has to be the garden birds on the apron finished with the green strap. I love the colour combinations and how earthy they look.
- How did you keep going and stay motivated during the Covid 19 lockdowns? I gave myself achievable targets to work towards and spent time learning and experimenting with new techniques.
- What are your future plans? I plan to continue working with PWS in designing more sustainable products and sell my watercolours and oils to a wider market.
- What are you looking forward to the most working with PWS? We use sustainable materials in an ethical way. Even packaging is carefully considered to ensure every element of each product is ethically conscious, this really excites me.
- Why did you choose to license your artwork with PWS? I love their ethical ethos and creativity. The products we create together are not only beautifully designed but are kind to the environment.
To stock the Rosie Smith range of contemporary and sustainable giftware in your store please contact us.
📲 Call us on 01142 698 0120
📧 Email us at email@example.com
Follow Rosie Smith on Instagram: @rosiesmithgiftware