There are many companies that print merchandise and giftware. However, unlike our competitors, here at Parkwood Springs, we produce exceptional merchandise by putting the environment first.
Ethical production and print quality are at the centre of everything we do. Likewise, PWS products are durable and long-lasting; using only the very best of mother nature’s ingredients that have been sourced specifically for their sustainability and decomposability credentials.
We pride ourselves in the transparent nature of our business structure, which includes sharing the exact practices we follow in order to keep our impact on their environment to a minimum.
Bags, makeup bags, cushion covers, tea towels, aprons
- We only work with factories and textile mills that have traceability throughout the supply chain and carry recognisable certifications like SEDEX and Fairtrade whom ensure that workers are looked after. Our UK Partner Factory recycles left over ink from print jobs and then converts to black to be re-used on other projects.
- In addition to this, our UK partner Factory is GOTS certified by the Soil Association and is a Fairtrade Processor and as such operates to these higher standards.
- Only non-toxic dyes are used for producing dyed textile products.
- All the materials used for our product production are sourced responsibly from a sustainable and ethical supply chain.
How we operate as a business
- Rainwater harvesting and in house water recycling systems are used in our UK partner manufacturing factory to minimise water usage.
- We protect water supplies through the use of effluent water treatment, rainwater harvesting.
- Goods are predominately manufactured in the UK to cut down carbon emissions from importing from overseas.
- Our products are made to order so therefore we do not carry unnecessary amounts of stock as designs change through the seasons.
- Throughout the supply chain, the manufacturing process incurs little wastage and the manufacturing process is sympathetic to the environment.
The environmentally friendly inks we use
The inks used for our all-over printed textile products carry the Standard 100 by Okeo-tex. ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX® authenticates the safety of chemicals used during the production of textile dyes, pigments and finishing agents. Inks used for screen printed items are GOTS certified water-based inks. In addition to this, leftover ink is recycled.
Finished goods are packaged in plastic-free packaging where possible and if an item needs protection, an ecological option is sourced; for example, we use potato starch cello bags to package our art prints. It is important to note, that all of our goods are shipped and packaged in recyclable card packaging. What is more, shipping boxes are recycled from original suppliers, thus, all of our packaging are reused. Overall, we keep plastic packaging to a minimum and wherever possible it is recycled plastic.
Here at Parkwood Springs, we take our environmental responsibility seriously. Our Environmental Policy clearly states all the procedures and practices we have in place as a business to be as environmental-friendly as possible. The world has a finite number of resources. Protecting and prolonging these resources whilst also providing exceptional giftware is our priority.